2018 is soon over - and this was another year of MRAM progress - new MRAM chips are entering production, new MRAM-enhanced devices are released and we are seeing the first adoption of embedded MRAM solutions.
Here are the top 10 stories posted on MRAM-Info in 2018, ranked by popularity (i.e. how many people read the story):
- Crocus Nano Electronics successfully tests its 90 nm pMTJ STT-MRAM tech (Jan 10)
- Everspin starts to produce commercial 40nm 256Mb STT-MRAM chips (Jan 17)
- eVaderis demonstrates an innovative MRAM-based, memory-centric MCU (Jan 3)
- Tohoku University develops ultra-small (<10nm) MTJs (Feb 22)
- Everspin announces preliminary Q4 2017 financial results, is set to raise $25 million in a public offering (Feb 10)
- GlobalFoundries and eVaderis are developing an ultra-low power eMRAM based MCU reference design (Mar 2)
- ARM will launch an eMRAM compiler for Samsung's 28nm FDSOI process by the end of 2018 (Jun 24)
- Spin Transfer Technologies announces a breakthrough new STT-MRAM technology (Apr 30)
- Imec researchers deposited SOT-MRAM devices on 300 mm wafers (Jun 19)
- Mentor to support eVaderis eMRAM technology on its FastSPICE platform (Mar 28)
MRAM is clearly a technology that is slowly but surely gaining ground. it will be interesting to see what will 2019 bring us!